Funeral Receptions in Essex
Hosting a gathering for close friends and family after a funeral service can be an opportunity for reflection and remembrance, where those present can take the time to appreciate the life that their loved one has lived.
However, not everyone will be able or willing to take guests back to their own home, or that of their loved one. Whether the prospect of catering for people is too stressful after organising a funeral, or you simply do not have the space, it may be worth considering funeral venues that will provide food and drink for yourselves and your guests.
Catering for a funeral reception need not be extravagant, with menus at funeral reception venues often starting at around £12 per person with a minimum of 10 guests attending. These menus can be as simple or as intricate as your budget allows, from a finger buffet menu with tea and coffee to a full three-course meal.
Some useful questions to keep in mind prior to organising venues and funeral reception locations might be:
- Do I want sole use of a room or venue, or am I satisfied with the use of a section within a larger space? This may be useful if the gathering is a small one, but you may also want some more privacy.
- Can people find the venue easily, and is there plenty of free parking?
- What sort of food would I prefer?
- Do I want a finger buffet or a sit-down meal?
- Do I want to include tea, coffee and alcoholic drinks?
- Do I need waiter service to help with older and disabled people?
- Is there good step-free access for older and disabled people, including adapted toilets?