Funeral Costs & Pricing
Whatever kind of funeral you need, whether it be a cremation, a burial or an unattended service, Harold Wood Funeral Services can help you organise a funeral at the right cost for you, with the local knowledge and care of seven decades of dedication.
Personal Service & Modest Fees
All funeral directors are legally required to publish a standardised price list to help you consider your options and compare fees, and this list can act as a handy guide. However, every funeral is unique, and if you would like a personalised quote that offers you the best possible price for you and your loved ones, please get in touch today.
Please note that all example funeral packages are given including example third-party costs. Prices are all based on full payment at least 7 days in advance. If this is not possible then proof of funding and identity will be requested.
Third-Party Costs might include:
- Venue for service eg crematorium, Church, burial chapel, hotel
- Priest or Celebrant
- Doctor’s cremation paper legal fees
- Grave opening and purchase
- Weekend or out-of-hours fees
Due to individual requirements as well as third-party costs, all final funeral package prices will be given upon individual consultation. Please make sure to get in touch for a personal quote.
LOWER COST CREMATION ‘PACKAGES’ – ‘AT NEED’
|Services/Items||‘AT NEED’ Service Type|
|‘AT NEED’ (WITH NO PRE-PAID PLAN)||INCLUSIVE Sunrise Direct Service* NO MOURNERS/ 8 MOURNERS||INCLUSIVE Start of Day 9.45am Short Service**||INCLUSIVE Mid morn/aft 11am/3.30pm ****||INCLUSIVE Trad Mid morn/aft 11am/3.30pm Meet at Home Limousine****|
|Terms – Paid in full one week before service***||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Private Ambulance conveyance from a local hospital to our Hilldene Funeral Home in office hours within 20 miles||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Administration with applicant at home, office or phone||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple coffin, care and dressing of deceased, closed lid chapel of rest appointment if wanted (Open coffin and other coffins can be arranged at extra cost)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mercedes Hearse Hire, Uniformed Staff||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Local Return of Ashes in standard cardboard container (Other urns can be chosen at extra cost)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Family meet hearse at crematorium||–||✓||✓||–|
|Hearse/6 Passenger Limousine to local home||–||–||–||✓|
|Minister or Celebrant to deliver service||–||✓||✓||✓|
|Ability to add other services/items||✓||✓||✓||✓|
*Early morning at Forest Park Crematorium, Hainault, Essex IG6.
£200 can be attended for 10 min 8 mourner max attendance. Other crematoria available at extra cost.
**At City of London Crematorium, Manor Park, London E12, 20 minute service.
Other crematoria available at extra cost, some with longer services.
***Unless agreed otherwise, minimum extra £150 applies
****Manor Park Crematorium
Assumes that funerals are carried out within 21 days of death. Further mortuary care charges may apply at our discretion from £150.
‘AT NEED’ – In all cases NOT included:
- £82 medical certificate if applies.
- Emergency private ambulance to place of death if not in hospital, £195 in office hours, £325 outside office hours.
- Limousines can be added at extra cost. Different packages may apply.
- Any other service not mentioned, which in most cases can be added except for ‘Direct’.
- Preparation of deceased for open coffin from £220.
Other company costs could include:
- Emergency home or hospital removal cost (eg within 15 miles £195 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or £325 outside hours), bariatric supplementary costs, choice of body and cosmetic preparation and preservation £220+.
- Optional services like limousine hire, service booklets, floristry, horses, doves etc.
- *Removal on behalf of other funeral directors / when bodies left to medical science Within 15 miles £325 all circumstances. 16 miles+ £450 per half day travel and £75 per day mortuary care from first day. Restricted to SAIF/NAFD member funeral directors.
- Repatriation outside England and Wales – Please ask us for a very competitive quotation. We have good recent experience helping families with heritages from Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Moldova, Lithuania, Jamaica, Trinidad, Ireland. We can help with all other countries.
- A full chapel of rest and funeral service can be added. Our service is very caring to your needs.
- Babies’ and Children’s funerals up to and including age 18
- We do not charge our own basic company fees for local transportation, one limousine and hearse, on a day and time which is convenient to ourselves.
- Simple white/wood veneer coffins with silver coloured fittings and white interiors (rectangular caskets for babies) to the value of £300 is covered by either a non-means tested government or company grant.
- Cemeteries apply for government grants to cover cremation and burial costs for stillborn and children up to 18 and under but local chapel fees might be payable.
- Most ministers and celebrants will not usually charge fees.
- Unless Queens, King George or Whipps Cross Hospitals, £195 is charged for London/Essex hospital/mortuary collections plus current rate Congestion and ULEZ charges. Any fees are payable in advance.
- Other coffins and caskets are available – brochures and prices on application can be are subject to £300 reduction, conditions apply.
- Funerals involving Homicides/Murder Cases – we do not charge some basic company fees for meeting at a funeral service with our hearse, on a day and time which is convenient to ourselves. Simple coffins at usual prices from £450. Meeting at house, limousines, second service sites extra. Unless Queens, King George or Whipps Cross Hospitals, additional is charged for hospital/mortuary collections plus current rate Congestion and ULEZ charges. Third party costs extra, all payable in advance.